|
Monday, July 7 Y 7/07/2008 05:11:00 pm Hello all. Chinese Boy and I managed to catch the last show of the Hindi movie on Friday night. The show started at 11.45pm and he fetched me at 11.40pm. Yes I had three minutes after posting my last entry to have a quick shower and got dressed. At 11.45pm, we bought the tickets, some chips and corn. Half an hour through the movie, he fell asleep. Sheesh. Even after the movie and the casting summaries had ended, he was still asleep. I crawled over the front seats to get out. Just at the exit door, I stopped to think. 'Should I leave him there or should I wake him up' So I became the good girlfriend by waking him up. However, it wasn't a sweet wake up call. I threw the popcorn at him and the box. That's because he couldn't feel the popcorn so I had to throw the box and the hit woke him up and he went, 'Eh finish? I'm sorry Sayang'. Ha ha. So that was Friday. Saturday we woke up at half past nine in the morning and mom had bought breakfast for us. :) At noon, we headed for Geylang. Well, none of the outfits interests me there. Even RH had the same designs as last year. I wanted the white songket kebaya but they only had it in dark colours and it costs 490. wtf. I was contemplating to enter Sultanah Bridal & Boutique but I was imagining too much on the ridiculous amount reflected on the tags. We walked past the store three times and decided to give it a miss. Next stop was to Arab Street. We went for lunch at ZamZam and went to the cloth store. The Makcik had a tough time entertaining me and my requests. Chinese Boy even fell asleep while sitting on the stool. You can be ridiculous at times you know. People passing by kept touching on the designs that I've chosen and I hate la. That's where I lost focus and start back from scratch. Imagine the trouble the Makcik had to go through. I took an hour to decide and finally buy. The Makcik gave me further discounts and I decided to get two instead. I got it in Cream with Royal Gold lace and Yellow with Light Magenta lace. Last stop was to the tailor. She offered me some fashion magazines to use as a guide but I had my very own one. :) She went 'Wah, you punya buku you beli dekat mana? You masih mau? kalau tak I kasi you duit' Haha. I got her to do the exact designs that I wanted and measured me to FIT! The tailoring costs me a BOMB but Alhamdulillah the total cost incurred did not exceed my budget. It should be ready by middle of next month. My Eid outfits are settled and I'm a happy happy girl in that sense. I remembered exactly a year ago, everyone was rushing to get married on this very date. 07/07/07. Nice number kan? Chinese Boy and I were thinking of 11/11/11. Insyallah kalau ada rezeki and if Allah answers our prayers. Gee. I have been thinking about it a lot I tell you. From the outfits to the catering and all. I have never liked the traditonal 'groom fetch bride with kompang and all'. I prefer just one wedding with both sides at one place at one time. Simple, sweet and cost effective. Let's engage in a wedding planner okay Chinese Boy? (: |
Mardhiana Rahim ![]() Narcissist twenty-something. Namby-pamby yet an irritant. Has a fickle mind that believes in high level of certainty. Don't like what you're reading and seeing here? Screw you. ![]() Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com |