Tuesday, September 25 Y 9/25/2007 05:52:00 pm

Like it or not and good or bad, after all wearing a tudung is indeed our basic responsibility as a Muslim. Be it sincere or not, it is between them and god. Do remember that everyone have different character traits and attitude.

I believe most people have the perception that wearing a tudung means that you’re embracing Islam and that you are pious. Not likely true. Wearing a tudung does not at all determine if you are a good Muslim.

Be it forced or not, they are just performing their basic duties as a Muslim. Honestly if you were to think about it once again, there is no such thing as wearing a tudung when you are ready. That is because the tudung itself is a foundation to becoming a Muslim and that’s when you’ll realize that you have many big responsibilities as a Muslim and not as someone who wears a tudung.

Hence such responsibilities that many claimed they’ve neglected have got no relevance with their tudung. We and they have both equal responsibilities as a Muslim and not as someone who wears or do not wears a tudung.

As to why they choose to take it off, same reason as to why others chose not to wear which is the readiness. You may call them hypocritical but think again what drove them to do it. I shall say not everyone has a good Iman and with all these blaming and saying they get from people like us. It will after all make them question themselves as to why they are wearing the tudung which will eventually result in them removing their tudung.

Like I’ve mentioned above, tudung is a basic responsibility as a Muslim and we have no rights to question their sincerity. Yes it may seemed hypocritical to wear and neglect that tudung responsibility later on but aren’t we the bigger hypocrites?

We call ourselves a Muslim yet we do not perform our duties as a Muslim. Apart from that we also judge others sincerity as a Muslim. A Muslim that does not wear a tudung, what are we?

Let me end it off with a personal message. Honestly I am just stating my views and opinions from what I know and have been taught. I admit that I’m not a good Muslim and not anywhere near to being a proper one. I apologise if my words have somehow cause any discomfort or inconvenience to any Muslims out there. My intentions are solely to state my point of views and not at all by any means to correct anyone or cause any provocation.

Lastly, as a fellow Muslim wouldn’t it be best to remind one another? Mean no harm or offence but spread the love and friendship. I love all my fellow Muslim friends. (: